Friday, November 7, 2008

Happenings











The first few pictures are on our Spud Harvest vacation. The kids don't have school for the last 2 weeks of September due to spud harvest so we do our vacationing then, less crowds, better prices, it's wonderful. This year we went to Disney Land and had a few days at the beach. I'm glad I don't live in California anymore, but I love to visit, it still feels like going home.
The next picture is of Hayden and our cat "Brother". I have never seen a cat so calm and better with kids than this one. He will just sit there and let Hayden have her way with him. We acquired him last winter when a family in our ward moved to a city and figured "Brother" would not survive. They assured us that he is strictly an outside cat, but for some reason he has definietly taken to the indoors. I have no idea how old he is so I hope we have many more years with him.
The last picture is one of 5 pictures I got of the kids this Halloween. I was a huge slacker and I so regret it, especially because I spent at leat an hour on hair. And they were so cute. I promise to do much better next year.




4 comments:

Laurel said...

Sometimes you just get so busy living life that we forget to document it with pictures. Happens to me all the time. Especially when I'm visiting with family. I have such a great time, that I don't remember to take pics. Looking at my scrapbook, you would think that I never saw anyone I was related to. Oops.

desert mom said...

Great pictures!!! So glad you had a great vacation.

The cat is BIG! Has he grown since we were there last? I love his name, "Brother".

The memories are what lives on forever. Pictures prompt our memories of those precious times. Thank you for sharing. Love To All

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

Awesome pictures.
The kids are just growing like weeds.

We'll have to visit your family again soon.

Happy Warrior in Training said...

Hey Kathlynn. Great to see you active on the blog. It is nice to keep up with family far away in distant lands via the Internet. Love you.