Friday, November 7, 2008

Tonka, aka Willy Wonka


This is our horse Tonka (it's short for some really long native american name that means survivor or something like that), when we first acquired him the kids couldn't remember his name but they somehow figured out that it rhymed with Willy Wonka, thus the "aka". Anywho, this post is mostly for my mom who asked me months ago to send her a picture of how he looked when we got him. He looks 100% better now. He is a wonderful horse. He is almost 3 years old and has been so easy to "break", although there really never was any need to "break" him.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I didn't know you guys had a horse. Guess we need to come visit sometime! Where do you keep him?

desert mom said...

I think every childs dream is to have a horse. I was lucky to have grown up with horses to ride. I know the children will have wonderful memories about Tonka. We called horses like Tonka "Paints". Thanks Kathlynn, I was wondering what your horse looked like. Can I ride him when we visit? Gosh, I haven't ridden a horse in years. Love To All

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

Nathan says that the name is great for the horse...it fits the family!
We like Tonka Willy Wonka...it somehow rhymes together and it works.