Monday, June 8, 2009

Dan Dan Noodles

This is a wonderful, super easy, super yummy, kid friendly dish, what we're all looking for right?!

PF Chang's Dan Dan Noodles

Noodles
1 tsp oil (I used some peanut and some sesame)
1/4 ounce green onion, minced (I excluded because the kids don't like them)
1/2 tsp. garlic, minced (I quadrupled, because I like garlic)
1/2 tsp. chili paste, (be careful and adjust accordingly)
4 ounces ground chicken (I grind my own with my kitchen aide, better than storebought)
1 pkg rice noodles, about 1/4 inch in thickness, or you can use spaghetti, cooked

Liquid Mixture
2 ounces soy sauce (I used less sodium version)
1 ounce rice wine
1 tsp oyster sauce (again, I quadrupled)
1 tsp sugar
1 Tbl. cornstarch

8 ounces chicken broth

Heat oil in wok or large skillet on high, add garlic and chili paste and saute for 10 seconds. Add chicken and cook till done. Add chicken broth. Combine remaining "liquid mixture" ingredients and add to chicken mixture. Cook until mixture is thickened, you may thicken more to your liking by making more cornstarch slurry with cold water and cornstarch. Add noodles to chicken sauce and serve hot.

I like to add more chili paste and some rice vinegar after I dish up my plate. But that's just me and authentic to the orient.

I doubled for leftovers. This was a huge hit for dinner tonight. Enjoy.

1 comment:

desert mom said...

Sounds yummy, will have to try it.
Love Ya