Friday, October 10, 2008

Last Day of Spummerall

Well, Spummerall is officially over. You might ask what Spummerall is, well it's the four months of combined Spring, Summer and Fall we've had this year, which officially started on June 10 (the last day of winter). We had our first snow fall today. It's all rather depressing for me, a semi-native Californian. I found it quite humorous when my third little darling got the season's all mixed up today, when she saw the snow fall she enthusiastically declared it was the 1st day of summer. Poor thing, but at least according to her time table she has a summer birthday, January 6th. I have a summer birthday for that matter as well. So you are all officially invited to my summer birthday party in January, we will be hanging out at the pool and sipping strawberry daqueries. Sarcasm must come with this season.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I saw the snow forecast for you guys and Bill and I had a laugh from our Rexburg days. Sorry you have snow already, at least you can go skiing sooner!

desert mom said...

Ahh, a new word. I remember you invented the word "conversate" too didn't you? Sorry about the snow. The first snow of the season, did anyone build a snowman? Just think of it as diamonds from heaven.
Love to All

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

spummerall...that is great.
Now that Nathan and I are in nursery, I am going to post all the new words that I hear each Sunday!